Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ow!!

Okay, so I upped the tension on my bike, and holy schniekies. It was way harder than I thought it would be!! Nevertheless, I persevered, but only cranked out 20 minutes, at 15 mph for the first ten minutes, 13 for the next seven, and I was barely keeping it above 10 for the last three. I covered about 4 miles, and I was ready to die by the end! That's good though, I need to keep pushing that envelope. And still no heart symptoms, yay! Some distressing news though, is that I gained another pound. What the freak?! That's seven total. Seven!! I seriously do not get what the deal is here. The clothes are fitting the same, and I'm not eating any differently. Help! What do I do?
The Slowly Freaking Out But Nonetheless Almighty Liz

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

My theory is that while you were sick for so long you lost almost ALL of your muscle, so your body has to work double overtime to build back normal muscle (you know, moving around the house muscle, standing to cook muscle, grocery shopping muscle etc.), plus extra muscle from the workouts that you added on.

So, once you get all this extra muscle leveled off, then you should start losing weight. Also, you have to exercise for at least a month straight (with no breaks, which you will have to take for sickness, it's just inevitable) to lose weight with JUST exercise.

lizS said...

well, the loss of all muscle is definitly true. you should have seen me when i first started recovery; i couldn't even get a jug of milk from the kitchen to the table. i couldn't even pour the silly thing into a glass. it was ridiculous! anyway, i've decided to not totally geek out for another week. we'll see how things go.