Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More of the Same

I did my bike today. Five sets of six min each with six rests in between at 15 mph covering 6 miles even.
Yesterday we went to Fisher Cavern, which is one cavern down from Meramak caverns. The tour was an hour and half long, so I didn't do it. Not up to that long a hike yet. So I was going to go swim at our pool since yesterday was the last day it will be open until next year, but when we got back from the cave, John's sister and her family dropped by on a whim, and we hung out with them instead. What's my point? My point is I took an unscheduled rest day, but I'm not slacking. I guess I feel guilty for resting too much. (yes yes, I know.)
But here's something cool; John put together my weight bench, hooray! So tomorrow, I'm going to lift. I think I will do mainly arms, since my legs have been getting pretty good workouts up to this point. (fun discovery for me today; my legs don't jiggle anymore. Or at least, not nearly so much. They are tight, well on their way to toned and muscular. *ROAR!*) I may do a little tiny bit of biking too, to keep up my cardio. We'll see how I feel.
The pool issue is shelved for now because my car broke, and so I have no way to get there currently. I'm putting all my resources into fixing that problem right now, but when it is, I will resume battle with the lack of indoor pools in my area.
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

When I do my strength workout I just use my legs own weight as resistance. I would like to get back up to using leg weights when I work them out, but I'm not there yet. Hmmm, another fitness goal. That's two in one day.....(play twilight zone music now)

Dana Cheryl said...

So sorry 'bout the car...

Sounds like you're developing a really diverse workout. You've come a long way in a short while.

lizS said...

yeah, i'm not even really worried about the ole legs right now. they're getting plenty of attention with the bike. and i forgot to add on my post that i CAN lift weights now. my joints are finally okay enough, hooray!