Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday--Strength 1 Hour, Walking- 1 Hour

I got up at 5:30 am to watch my friend's little girl, but my friend got off work early, so I was just awake. I decided to do my strength workout, and then run in place for rest of the hour (I only ran in place 20 minutes, and then marched out the rest of the hour). I then decided that since my 2 year old was awake, we would take a walk after the bus picked up my 4 year old. I was also thinking that I'm going to have 5 cavities filled on Thursday, and will probably NOT feel like exercising that day, and I still want to get my 5 hours in this week (since I only got 4 in last week).

Holy cow, holy crow, and oh my holy pajamas! I stepped on the scale at 5:30 and had to rub my eyes about 5 times in a row before I believed what the scale was telling me. I lost 4 MORE POUNDS in a week and a half! That's 6 pounds total. I knew I was feeling less bloaty (meaning the Poly cystic ovarian syndrome was subsiding), but I did not think that much water retention weight had come off! I'm sure some of it is actual fat too, though because all my size 16 pants fit again. I tried them all on just to make sure my scale was not somehow broken or something. WOOT!!!

3 comments:

lizS said...

timapani that is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!! i'm so excited for you!! and hello, can somebody send some of that losing weight stuff MY way? i just gained another pound! that's seven people, and i'm quietly going insane. but but but, i'm so glad and happy and proud of you!!

timpani76 said...

Oh no! I was hoping you would lose weight too, so I did not feel like I was "rubbing it in" or something.

But, you are still a "skinny girl" in my book. The less you weigh, the harder it is to lose weight.

lizS said...

do not feel like you are rubbing it in! you're not, and i don't feel like you are. i'm sincerely happy for you, really truly! but i'm also distressed for myself.