Sunday, September 14, 2008

Half Marathon

The last half mile. I am the one in blue, these are two girls that were with me for the majority of the race.
The finish line, I started sprinting at the start of the Orange cones and continued accelerating to the finish! The rush of a victory sprint is like nothing else!! Better than drugs, I'd imagine.

Sorry Ladies, I have been somewhat lazy with posting on here! Actually, I have been lazy all around which is why I haven't posted.....I tried to run everyday this week but couldn't seem to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. I have been training, or rather thinking about it!, for a half marathon and yesterday was the day. It was a cold morning in Huntington, UT but once I got moving, I warmed up quickly! The plan was to run with my sister, but last week she injured her knee so I paced myself with some other runners. I kept pace with a brother and sister duo for about 7 miles and then found another girl to keep pace with. We finished together and pushed each other to do a victory sprint near the finish line. I finished in 2:32:13, averaging about a 11:45 minute mile. I am very happy with that!! Especially considering that I have not been very diligent in my training. Races always give me the motivation to continue running, which is something that I really needed! I now have a time to beat and a race to prepare for, Jill and I will run the Little Grand Canyon Half Marathon again next year, and I hope to finish with the average of an 8 minute mile this time! :)

4 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Roaaaarrrrr!!!

lizS said...

that's awesome lisa!!

timpani76 said...

I love goals! Is that how you stay motivated?

Lisa Lou said...

No, I stayed motivated knowing that I had already paid to run! :) I guess that is kind of the goal keeping me motivated.... Once I have committed to something, there is no backing out, no matter how unprepared I am! And my legs are letting me know how unprepared I was! :)