Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday- Marching/Running in Place 1 hour

Did anybody else take off September 11th from exercise? I did not realize that's what I was doing until last night. My excuse was not the day of remembrance, but because I have a bad cold AND I'm on my period AND I had to get up at 5:30am to watch Ahlanna, so I only got 5 hours sleep. I thought I needed a day off ;)

In other news, I love Lisa! I know I've never met you but those calf muscle stretches you posted are the BEST! I did them, and I was able to run in place for 20 minutes straight! I have never been able to do that! Pat pat pat pat (that's me, patting myself on the back). I am definitely going to MAKE time to do those stretches and exercises before I walk every time from now on.

I am continuing to improve in exercise, my clothes continue to fit better, and in a few days (when I'm off my period) I will see if I'm still stuck on my weight (sad panda face).

Grrrr, ok, one last confession. I'm trying to get off caffeinated soda. Erik (my husband) does not think I should worry about it, but I think it might be easier to lose weight if I was not drinking soda. I've read this in a few places. So, I will try to be accountable on this topic when I blog. Everybody pray for me! I know it's a silly thing, but I really want to do this.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I gave up soda for lent one year and I lost 10 pounds in the 40 days.
Now, that said, I continue to drink them anyway. But I have seriously cut back (about one a day now).

Eyepoke said...

oh man timpani, good for you! now, i will not preach to you the evils of soda, but i will support your decision, and say i am proud of you. i really think that this will be super good for your body. just keep in mind that it never works if you say "i will never never never drink that again!" it's okay to have it occasionally as a treat. and i'm glad that your workouts are going so well! everyone has such good advice and different ways to do things, it's awesome! love you guys!
liz