Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday- Marching/Running in Place 1 Hour

I also dug in the yard, with the big shovel for two hours, and on my hands and knees with a little shovel for about an hour and a half. I got 125 crocus bulbs in the mail today, and they needed planting. I had to dig up the turf first, and do some edging with the big shovel as well to make it look extra "pretty". As pretty as dirt gets anyway. My "dirt headache" was only about half as bad as yesterday.

Question for runners: What is the best running shoe?
Something tells me the running in place thing is not so good to do bare-foot. My right ankle is already protesting a bit, and my left knee just a tad as well.

Only one caffeine free soda today! A note on the soda, because some people have mentioned this. I only drink fountain soda, so when I say "one soda" we're talking probably 20-28 ounces (with lots of ice, like I like). I only drink diet, but still not good for me. I don't keep soda in the house because then it would be more like "I drank two 2 liter bottles of soda today". Yeah, that would be really bad.

5 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

I really love Brooks running shoes. They don't advertise so usually only runners know about them. They make a shoe for people with bad ankles. I have it and love it!

Glad the dirt headache has eased off a bit.

lizS said...

john and his family favor new balance. they have wide feet, and so nb works very well for them. if you have a narrower foot (like me) some nb is okay, but nike is good too. i've never heard of brooks and i have bad ankles; how pricey are they dana?

Lisa Lou said...

I love Mizuno, Saucony and Brooks, it all depends on what is most comfortable for you. I would recommend going to a store specializing in Running and try out the different shoes. Usually if they are a specialty store they will do a little test to see what type of shoes you need and find the best ones for you. Once you know which ones you like best you can find them other places for cheaper....:) I'm all about saving myself money since I am flat broke!

You can find them on sale for not too expensive Liz. I found some on roadrunnersports.com for $70, usually they are around $100. It seems that I don't mind paying more for my running shoes but don't like to spend more than $10 for any other shoes! :)

timpani76 said...

I pay between $50-70 for a good swimsuit, and I paid $16 for a pair of swim goggles. That's all the swim gear I need.

So I was planning about that much for a pair of running shoes.

Trisha said...

I tend to favor New Balance as well, but I don't do a lot of running. Just walking.

Great job on the soda Timpani!