Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bad Day For Mary

So yesterday I didn't post, but I'll tell you about it now. It started out well, I got Daniel off to school and then took Superman for his walk twice around the culdesac (and the tiny one just off this one) and got back about 25 minutes later. Had my breakfast- a glass of milk a banana and a packet of cinnamon roll oatmeal (my favorite flavor oatmeal). For lunch I was actually good. I made a box of mac & cheese for Launa and me, and I gave her a couple of scoops and myself a couple more scoops than her (she doesn't eat). When I was done with my mac & cheese, I didn't go back and finish the box. I was not only not hungry, but my in-laws told us they wanted to take us to a special place for dessert, and I knew it was going to be calorie city. So at dinner time, they took us to the Marietta Diner. Ahwhwhwh man! Okay. I had a gyro and Greek salad (and fries, oddly enough, a bad combo to add the fries, and, fry lover that I am, I only had a couple 'cuz they just didn't GO with the meal.) My Greek food was excellent! I loved it! The gyro had that meat (I don't know what it is, but it's goo-oo-ood!) lettuce and tomato and a great cucumber dressing to go in it, and the Greek salad had lettuce, kalamata olives, cucumbers and tomatoes and a nice whatever kind of pepper they put in with your Papa John's pizza. I don't know what the dressing was, but it was kinda red and watery and WAY good! Everyone else was done eating their food and I was only 1/2 way through mine. I was just savoring the flavor. Okay, so dessert. They have cakes that are 6 layers thick! All kinds of 'em! We all chose a different kind of cake (Mine was New York blackout cake! Dark chocolate cake with pudding and kinda whipped chocolate frosting between the layers! Mmmmmmmmm! Froooosting!) I only ate 1/2 of it yesterday, I was way full. I woke up still fat this morning and had the other 1/2 for breakfast. Yeah, major eating violation, maybe I won't lose those 3 lbs this week.) and went home. After we got the children in bed, I took Superman out for his second walk, same as that morning. So I guess I got almost an hour of walking in, and with my crazy dog ans the giant hill that kills my legs and bottom, I guess I did okay for my exercise.

As a side note, Jeremy has decided he wants Michael Phelps' job. Did you guys see what that guys eats on a daily basis?! Jeremy is going to become a duck and live in the water so he can eat all that junk. :)

3 comments:

Eyepoke said...

mary, it sounds like you did just fine yesterday. a whole hour working out! that's awesome! and everyone eats out every now and again, there's no shame in that. i like what dana said; if you eat well and healthy 80% of the time, the other 20% is yours to do with what you will. (forgive my paraphrasing dana!) good rule of thumb, i think. keep it up! you're doing GREAT!
liz

Dana Cheryl said...

You're not alone! All of us have probably had cake for breakfast on at least one occasion. :)

Way to go only eating what you wanted of it on the first go 'round! That's really hard to do sometimes.

Yeah I agree with Liz who quotes that genius girl! LOL! 80/20 all the way

Bruce said...

i find that when i am working out the way i want to i can eat what i want 80% and do good 20%. and the 20 is to give me the spicific good stuff i need in order to work out well.