Sunday, August 17, 2008

busy day for dana

We started early and went to the Hoover Dam before Trisha's plane left for Nashville. I didn't really exercise unless ya'll count a lot of walking in 115 degrees. Things on the food front weren't much better.

Brunch: BBQ Chicken Sandwich, potato wedges, soda

Snack: Beef Jerky & Trail Mix & soda

Dessert: part of a Dove Dark Chocolate Bar

I'm not really disappointed in today's exercise or lack thereof as the case may be. (The Hoover Dam is so worth the trip.) I'm also not unhappy with my food choices. I'm just frustrated that I didn't eat more today. I know that my body needs more food than what's listed above. I don't want to demolish my metabolism but I'm sure one busy day won't flatline it... I hope.

However, I was on the road nearly the whole day and I just couldn't bring myself to pull up to the McDonalds drive through and order a burger. I did get an Asian Chicken Salad but dang that's hard to eat while driving. ha ha! I need to be more organized and bring a couple sandwiches along. I'll do better next time.

4 comments:

lizS said...

yeah, i'm sure one day is not gonna kill your metabolism, lol! just get back on it today!

Mary said...

A McDonald's grilled chicken snack wrap with honey mustard may have been a good choice for driving. I also think that walking in 115 degrees counts as a great workout!

Dana Cheryl said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I drive a lot so I'll try that out.

It sure felt like a workout. lol!

Trisha said...

You're not kidding Dana. Luckily, I was sitting next to some very nice Nashvillians that didn't seem to mind that I was still hot and sweaty after our adventure!