Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day!

Okay people, I've been saying I would do this for awhile, and now I am. Hopefully (as soon as John shows me how to invite you) you all will join me. This is how I envision this will work;
Whenever you work out, post what you've done. I will be posting on this alot then. And I so totally don't care how wimpy you think your workout was. If you do ANY exercising at all, post it. You all know you're not as wimpy as me, so if I'm putting myself out there, you have no need to be embarrassed. I will make everyone look really good. That will make you feel good, and that is the point of this blog. I will be posting my weight as well, to help myself keep track of that. No one else needs to do that, but you are welcome too. The only requirement, if you decide to join me on this particular blog, is to post your workouts. That way, we can keep track of ourselves, and encourage and support each other.
If I can figure out how to put a graph of my progress and weight and suchlike up, I will. If I can figure that out, then I will do it for anyone else who wants one too.

And soooooo, since this is the very first post, this is what I have done today;
I did three sets of five minutes on my exercise bike. (yes I got one, isn't that great??!) I rested for 15 minutes between each set. I averaged between 8-10 mph, so that means I covered a distance of something a little less than 2.5 miles, but not all at once. I hope to be able to do that same workout tomorrow.
I weighed in this morning at 135 lbs on the dot. My goal is to lose 10 lbs, but I'm not particular about the time. The goal that takes precedence at this point is cardio. Gotta get my heart back in shape. That is my #1 priority.

So, now that I've broken the ice.....let's get SVELTE!
The Almighty Liz