Saturday, August 30, 2008

Technical Difficulties...

In more ways than one! Our internet got wiped out Thursday night during a massive electrical storm. Several of Charter's and the power companies boxes got fried. A couple were even melted, and our modem got fried because when they installed it they somehow failed to see the surged protector and plugged it right into the wall next to the surge protector. Whatever, at least we didn't have to pay for a new modem and it's all fixed now. But that's why I didn't chime in yesterday.
The other technical difficulty was that we had a horrendous storm, added on top of the fact that I accidentally added a set to my biking on Thursday, so my joints were killing me. And I had to get blood drawn, so I decided to let myself have a little treat and I did nothing. (*side note* the technician who took my blood was crazy. I'm serious. By the time we got back to the operatory to draw the blood I was quite nervous. She kept telling me how good she was at drawing blood. Yeah, tell that to my inch long bruise today.) Pretty much. We did go to a church picnic, and I did some corralling of children, but that was it.
Today, we went to the pool. I did six laps today, two consecutive, and I ran after my kids after the pool at the playground while we waited for John to do his laps. And I'm bushed and gonna go snuggle on the couch in front of a movie with my hubby now.
See y'all bright eyed and bushy tailed on Monday!
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

Mary said...

"Yeah, tell that to my inch long bruise today." HA! I love the way you talk! Sorry about the bruise though. Yay for all the workouts you've been doing. You'll be feeling better before you know it.

timpani76 said...

You're mocking me with your ability to swim aren't you! Ok, probably not. Good for you that you're swimming ;)

Eyepoke said...

um, you can swim for an hour straight. i can do two consecutive laps, and then rest, and do one more, and then rest, and another one, and then rest,...yeah. i'm mocking you for sure.
liz