Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday, Monday.....

The Olympics ended early yesterday, 10pm, so I actually went to bed on time and got up this morning to run. 5.5 miles and it wasn't too bad. The weather this morning was perfect running temperature. I am definitely feeling better about the half marathon.....of course when I hit 11 miles and can't feel my legs I might not be so impressed with myself!!:)
Breakfast: Granola Bar
Lunch: crispy chicken sandwich and french fries...
Dinner: Beef, Brocoli and rice
Snacks: cantalope
Desert: Strawberries, vanilla and greek yogurt

lots of water today!! I really need to get a gallon jug and keep it in the fridge to remind me to drink a lot every day....

5 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

I'm so proud of you!!! :) You're gonna kick butt at the Chinese Marathon.

lizS said...

well, at least you only have to drink a gallon, lol! because of kidney problems, i have to drink three. i don't process fluids correctly, so i have to drink a freakin' ocean a day to stay flushed. and i'm impressed you got up so early. speaking from a night owl's perspective, that is nothing short of a miracle. good work!!!

Dana Cheryl said...

Hey Liz! Guess what?! I have kidney problems too. Are we two peas in a pod or what?! lol

I actually got water poisoning once. Can you believe it?

Wow! Three gallons a day. I bet you pee a lot. What in the world did you do when you were pregnant? No wonder you were miserable!

Eyepoke said...

i landed in the hospital with kidney stones when i was pregnant since i have morning sickness all nine months and there's no way to stay flushed for me except to be on an IV 24/7. and i have a camel bladder, thank goodness. before when i didn't drink enough, once a day is all i had to go. i think i maybe go 3 or 4 times now. and yeah, we are two peas in a pod!
liz

Lisa Lou said...

I would be in the bathroom all day if I had to drink three! Thanks for putting that into perspective for me Liz! The getting up early is definitely not easy for me but I have done it two days in a row so hopefully I am on my way to a good habit because if I don't go in the morning before work, I'll never go!

I had no idea that one could get water poisoning, Dana. You seem to get all the random things.....It is good to know that it is possible.

My family teases me that I have a bladder the size of a pea, so when I am drinking lots of water I am in the bathroom constantly! The cost of staying hydrated I suppose....