Wednesday, August 27, 2008

*Groooooan*

I did a ten minute Pilates ab workout today, since I decided I needed a break during the week. I have two Pilates videos, a tape and a dvd. My dvd player is not working, so I decided to do the tape. The tape is also easier and since I'm currently a weakling, I figured that was all to the good. A nice easy workout, I thought. No problem.
WRONG! Holy crap, you'd think it had already come home to me how unstrong I am, but apparently not! There is no more cockiness in me. I am entirely humble. (you hear that all you deities?! I'm HUMBLE!) I'll have to do this workout more often. I seriously didn't realize how truly horribly feeble I am. *sigh* But no matter. Before long (or after long, whichever, it doesn't matter) I WILL BE SVELTE!!
The Almighty Liz

5 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

Pilates kicks my butt every time, it is a really good workout! I'm impressed that you chose to do that on you day off. I actually took a day off and have done nothing physical.....

Dana Cheryl said...

Pilates was developed for ballet dancers. Freakin' ballet dancers! It's designed to make them struggle since they literally workout 10 hours a day a normal workout does nothing for them.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just tell yourself these exercises were designed for the most elite physically fit people in the world.

timpani76 said...

Pilates are hard, who said they were easy? Yoga is hard too, don't let anyone tell you that's easy. Just because it's not super-aerobic, does not mean it's not hard!

I would try marching in place for your day off. It burns calories, is super easy on your joints, and your back. I think I will try MIP later today now that my back feels a wee bit better (but not back to normal yet)

Renae said...

I thought a day off was a day off. You people are making me feel like a slacker! Keep up the good work, Liz you'll get there. Just look how far you've come

lizS said...

thanks guys! i was so let down because i KNOW my heart is weak. the resting part of my work outs is all heart related, i haven't really begun to work my other muscles very hard, so i was ridiculously optimistic about the pilates workout. and renae, don't feel bad. i'm impatient. my days off really ought to be do nothing days, but i can't stand it! i want to be well NOW!! however, pushing it too hard is no good for me either. i've just never been good at waiting it out. patience is a virtue I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR!.