Wednesday, August 13, 2008

my weight loss steps

OK I'll post in BLUE! :)

I took a different approach to the weight loss diliema... I modified my eating after consulting with the doc. I was given some books to read & some great medical advice.

Step One: Eat Breakfast even if ya hate it. (Which I do.) It's vital to eat a breakfast containing protein, complex carbs, & healthy fat within the first two hours of getting up.

I've lost twenty pounds of fat just by following the above guidelines. I have some great breakfast recipes if ya'll need any. I actually wake up wanting to eat and that hasn't been the case since I was two.

Step Two: Exercise!

Now that I'm minus 20 lbs I've decided to incorporate activites that I actually enjoy. Forget the gym!!! I've started walking my dog in the morning instead of just letting her run around the big empty field. Also I've started hiking on a regular basis. I actually lost 3.5 lbs yesterday due to an intense hike.

p.s. It's great to see a post by Timpani. Woo Woo!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yeah! I'm all for good breakfast recipes! Do you have any that are good, but not too involved to make? I don't want to spend 1/2 my morning cooking and the other 1/2 cleaning up my cooking mess! :)

Dana Cheryl said...

Yes I do! I have several that combine protein, complex carbs, & "good" fat.

I've discovered that with practice I've been able to streamline the cooking process.

Also helpful to my morning routine is the power of the smoothie. I don't have them everyday but they're lifesavers on especially crazy days. :)

I'll get some recipes together and post 'em this weekend.

Renae said...

20 lbs? Great! I lost 20 too, but it was all baby and water. And I'm ALWAYS looking for new breakfast ideas. I get totally sick of pancakes, french toast and cereal!

lizS said...

oh, yeah, i'm up for breakfast too! i HATE eating in the morning, but my doctor says i have too. so yeah, bring on the recipies! and keep in mind, the almighty liz is usually asleep for a good two hours after she gets in bed, so simple and quick is key. way to go on hiking! that's one of the best exercises there are i think. and 20lbs! that's awesome! i'm so glad you joined, you are an inspiration!

Eyepoke said...

i meant OUT of bed, not in bed. sheesh. i wrote that before i woke up. obviously.
liz (not john)

Dana Cheryl said...

LOL! I'll get those recipes together and post a few of 'em on Sunday. Then maybe we can all start the week out right. :)