Saturday, August 23, 2008

Liz's Day...Oh Man, I Lost Count

LOL! Well, whatever day this is, here's what I did;
We finally got to go to the pool, and we found out that it hasn't been open except on weekends starting last weekend, which is why we were unable to do our lap swims (my husband and I) this week. They won't be open this week, and then they are open Saturday, Sunday, and Labor Day Monday, and that's IT! Total suckage. But I was able to get in some laps today. Four total, two consecutive, and with only a 3 minute break between the other laps. I counted playing with my kids as a lap, too. Getting better! Just in time for the silly place to close. ARGH! No worries about me just giving up though. OOOOH, no. The closest Y is 17 minutes away, and uber expensive, so they're out, but I'm definitely still researching. I won't give up my swims without a fight, by golly! Anyway, I'm over and out for the weekend, since tomorrow is Sunday, my day of total rest. I'll see you all on Monday, but in the meantime be thinking healthy thoughts!
The Almighty Liz

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Hey Liz! I know you said the Y is expensive monthly, but can you pay as you go as a non-member? I only swim once a week so I pay $3 as a non- member to swim in the open swim at the Edwardsville YMCA.

Dana Cheryl said...

I'm prayers are with ya in the search for a pool!