Saturday, August 30, 2008

Boy Did I Make Up For My Lack of Exercise Today!

So today was Dragon Con! We took the kids over to watch the parade. It was really fun, and the kids made out with a TON of candy and beaded necklaces. It was fun. We then walked down the parade route maybe 5 - 6 blocks, and went into the convention. The whole hotel was taken up with convention booths and stuff, we walked around looking at the exhibits for maybe 1 1/2 hours, which included going to the hotel next door and walking through the hall of fame where we saw Sean Astin, Adam West, Micky Dolenz, Kevin Sorbo, Hayden Panetierre, Mr. Zulu (I forgot his real name), Michael Rosenbaum (Lex on Smallville) and many many more. I was rather disappointed though, because they were all selling their autographs and photo ops for at least $30.00, and Adam West was charging $50. (Whores - $50.00 for 4 seconds of their time? Please.) Anyway, after we had seen everything we wanted, we headed back toward Underground Atlanta, probably 8 blocks, and walked all up and down there for another 1 1/2 hours at least. The kids were so good, they got very tired, but they didn't complain too much. I'd say we got a pretty good workout today.

Oh yeah, and yesterday I walked around Walmart for at least and hour, probably a little longer than that while we had new tires put on the car.

2 comments:

lizS said...

hooray, welcome back mary! good to see you again, and boy are you gonna be sore tomorrow.

timpani76 said...

You got to see Kevin Sorbo? Did he have long hair? Did you drool? Is he really that tall in real life?

Erik saw Kevin Sorbo at GENCON one year, and I was so jealous. I yelled at him for not getting a picture, but I think this was before we got our digital camera.