Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The "kid" workout

Ok, so I've been back in KY for about 4 days and unfortunately, I haven't been able do exercise at all until today.
I was exhausted all day Sunday after travelling until after midnight Saturday. Then Monday I had the best intentions, until I went to work. Work wore me out mentally and I couldn't bring myself to go to the gym.
Today though, after work, I met up with my best friends. One of them has 3 kids. After eating, the three of us chased the 3 kids. It was rough. The mom was minding the baby, Parker, since she is teething. Leaving myself and my best friend to entertain the 4 year old and the 2 old. I am beat! You'd think we'd be better able to handle children on a playground! So, since there was no real workout today, I did manage to work up a sweat chasing the kids... and pushing the merry-go-round.
I'm going to do better. Work has been hectic and it's rough to leave in time to make it to the gym before it closes. But I'll get back on track as soon as things settle down.

4 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Chasing kids is one heck of a workout! What a way to get back into the workout groove!!

lizS said...

i am a firm believer that the reason kids are so hyper and perky is because they syphon the energy from all adults in a 1 mile radius. (so that explains those days when you suddenly have no energy for no reason; a kid just entered the vicinity) way to get back the horse! keep it up girl!

timpani76 said...

I like to throw the kids on the couch and chase them around the house. I can't keep that up for too long, though, because my arms poop out of me!

Dana Cheryl said...

Good theory Liz! I think the same can be said for dogs. Crazy energy! No wonder I feel zonked sometimes for no reason what so ever. :)