Thursday, August 28, 2008

dkaj;f;djkl

Yup, I took two days off in a row. Wanna make something of it?! I'm at that awkward stage where I'm not good enough to be able to run with my insanely early in the morning running group, (I just don't think it's safe for me to run alone in the dark, so I'm not running by myself at 5 am) it's too hot to run after Bruce gets home from work (for me anyway. Heat and I have serious problems, when it comes to running. I don't sweat enough, so I literally cook myself. I'm not being a wuss, I seriously can't do it. I'm not an excuse maker either, I'll be one of the only ones in our running group who will want to run, here in a few months, when it hits zero degrees outside (not kidding, I've done it.) And Clayton isn't stable enough yet to be able to put him in my running stroller. Pretty much, the only time I can run is at 6:00 am. It's just getting light, so I feel safe enough, and it's not hot. That'd be great, except I have to get my kids ready for school. On those days when I do run, it's cereal for breakfast, because I just don't have time for anything else. ANYWAY, I'm having a hard time squeezing it in. But if you know me at all, I can't stand not to work out, in some form for too many days in a row. I just feel gross if I don't, kind of like wearing dirty underwear.

So, today after I got up with the intentions to run, and Clayton didn't cooperate with me so I couldn't leave, I gritted my teeth and did the hated stair workout. I jogged up and down my stairs for a half an hour. It's a heck of a workout. Just BORING! No worse than a treadmill though, I guess, except that you can't watch TV and do the stairs at the same time. It is good for me to do something different though. I am guilty of doing the same kind of workout all of the time, which is not a good thing.

Things will brighten up before too long though. I will be able to go back to running with my group, the heat will go away, and Clayton will get big enough to be able to sit in the running stroller with Justice. Then my opportunities for running will be much more bounteous. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Chow, love ya'll!

4 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

You're doing great Renae. It sounds like you're down on yourself. Yet I'm amazed that you do what you do with five kids plus a few add ons.

You're far exceeding what I'd do had I just delivered my fifth baby right before the others were to start school during a major kitchen overhaul/remodel...

You have incredibly high expectations for yourself. I'm sure that's good because I see you going beyond what the average person does. Still you should take a moment to be proud of all that you've accomplished this summer.

I'm sure you're bored though looking at the same walls. That drives me crazy. My suggestion: play YMCA & dance around the house like a loon. It works for me. :)

timpani76 said...

I know you like running Renae, but a workout you can do in front of the TV is easier to fit in with a newborn. I started marching in place and then running in place in front of the TV after I had Vance.

It was so much easier than trying to get out of the house with a newborn who nursed every hour!

Dana Cheryl said...

How ya feelin' Timpani? Please post to let us know. :)

lizS said...

and hey, something else you can do is a weight workout. i know you say you don't ever get to do enough of that, and it's something you can work around a newborn. do a set, then do something else. do another set, do something else. that's how john does his weight workouts. and quit beating yourself up! you're kickin' some chicken!