Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Monday!

I did very well today indeed. I cut my rest time down by two minutes, so now I'm six minutes on the bike, six minutes off. I increased my mph to 15, and stayed there, so I covered exactly six miles. I totally kick bootie! I feel really good too, so this week has started with a bang! You probably noticed that I haven't posted my weight like I said I was going to. That's because I've gained FOUR lbs in the past two weeks!!!! Two lbs a week. That's right, I now weigh 139. What the crap? I thought once you start exercising you loose weight? We are not happy, not at all. Any insight? Anyone? I haven't changed my eating habits at all. Freaking just a little. Anyway, at least the exercising is going well, lol! Here's hoping tomorrow goes just a good as today!
The Almighty Liz

6 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

The weight gain is probably muscle gain. My sister struggled with that too, she got so frustrated because she was working so hard and not losing any weight. Muscle weighs more but once you've gained it, you'll lose more!:)

Dana Cheryl said...

Lisa's right Liz. It's muscle. Some weeks I gain two or three pounds of it. That's why I measure myself each week. If I've lost inches but gained weight then I know it's all muscle.

You'll be especially prone to gaining muscle when you first begin to work out after a long period of inactivity.

So way to go!!! That muscle burns up fat so you're truly getting svelte!

timpani76 said...

I agree with Lisa & Dana. I'm guessing that you will be gaining muscle for about a month, and then you will start to lose weight. They say it takes a month of exercise for it to start helping you lose weight.

You need muscle girl! Lots of it!

lizS said...

okay, okay, i'll quit wigging. maybe i'll buy a tape measure, and do measurements instead of using my scale for a month or so. my clothes are fitting a bit better, so perhaps you are right...yes. getting away from my scale at this juncture would be a good idea. i'm going shopping today, i'll just pick one up!

Dana Cheryl said...

If you need a tape measure I can mail you one. I have a few. It's good to use the same one each week.

Yeah Babe step off the scale. It doesn't do much good for the first month any way.

Once a month is fine. There's where I started out. Then as I grew confident in my weight loss I started once a week. As I said before I have weeks were I gain as much as I lost the two weeks before but I know it's muscle and that makes me so happy.

I love it when weight gain becomes positive! I'd love to be a 160 pound chunk of muscle. :)

Eyepoke said...

okay, i'll let you mail me one, since i forgot to get one today, lol!
liz