Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Enter Renae, The Goober Face

Alright, this is where we are brutally honest, huh? Good, I need someone to be accountable to. So, I'm on my post-baby come back. I hit just over 190 with baby. I am currently down to 164.5. (The vast majority of what I've lost already was baby and water. Now I'm down to the hard part - fat.) Goal weight is 140ish, by Christmas? We'll see. I just did my third post-baby run this morning. I made it 2 miles averaging 10.7 minute miles, with no walking breaks. This is way slow in comparison with my former glory, but I'm very happy to be able to do that much already. Other things on the agenda: Drink more water, eat less junk food (particularly at night), and try to squeeze in a little strength training program. I'm also planning on doing some biking (which, thanks to a minor knee problem, I discovered that I love, and that I have a natural aptitude for - I think it's the giant Sever legs. I just wish my legs were anywhere approximately as ripped as my brothers.) as a cross training thing. I'm hoping to be in good enough shape to do the Challenge of the Bluffs in early Oct, the relay race in late October, and another 10 miler in November. We'll see, that's all I can say. It'll be a stretch.

Okay that's it for me. Ta-ta!

5 comments:

lizS said...

wow renae, i couldn't do a ten minute mile, much less two, if my life depended on it. good work, keep it up!

timpani76 said...

Thanks for being brutally honest! It makes me feel better for some reason. I'll go for brutal honesty in the next post.

On a side note, your legs could very well be as ripped as John's, but all women have a layer of fat over their muscles that men don't have. That's why were so curvy!

Mary said...

Yeah, that's what makes us so much prettier than boys! :) Ok, you guys are all doing so much better than me dietarily! I'll have to do better if I don't want to be embarrassed! Hooray for accountability!

Dana Cheryl said...

Seriously?! We have a layer of non-man fat? That's the coolest thing I've heard all day.

lizS said...

dana you didn't know about the layer of fat? yeah, that's why guys can lose weight faster and blah. the layer of fat is for feeding babies. it gets way worse after you have one. your body stores up all the energy it can in your fat stores, and then holds on like your going to starve to death any day for a year or two. it's a royal pain in the bootie. literally, since that's one of the primary places of storage, lol!