Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thanks for the Welcome!!:)

I am excited to be part of the Svelte group! My sister and I will be running a half marathon, approximately 13 miles, on September 13th. I'll admit that since moving to Cedar City I have been lax on my training but tonight I ran 5 miles at a nice easy pace in one hour. I think that I could have comfortable run a faster pace or added more mileage so my slacking in recent weeks has not completely set me back on training!:) However, I definitely did not drink enough water today because I got abdominal cramps about halfway through my run today. Naja, if your not in pain your not working hard enough! Just kidding, ideally, I would be able to run 5 miles with absolutely no pain......The shine splints seem to be gone so that is nice. Hopefully with proper stretching and exercises to strenghten the shines, they won't return.

Thanks for the welcome Liz! And I'm sure that Dana will make sure that I don't go MIA!:)

5 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

What am I the Blog Nazi?! Post or die!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Welcome Lisa. It's good to have you here. You'll find some other runners in the crowd.

lizS said...

yeah, i'm sure renae is loving that there's a kindred spirit on here now, lol! she's a runner too, her whole family actually. they're constantly trying to recruit me. anyway, welcome, and i hope you enjoy this as much as we do! let's get SVELTE!

lizS said...

oh, hey, if you want to invite your sister, then get her email to me (dana has it, obviously, lol!) and i'll send her and invitations asap! i think the more people we get on here, the better it will work.

timpani76 said...

Welcome! Maybe another runner will get me to start running (eventually....)

Lisa Lou said...

hahah Dana! Yes you are! "You need to update your Blog, it's been two days!" lol

Liz, her email is morethenjake@hotmail.com I think she'd be excited! It's hard to stay motivated when your running partner leaves. Although, she used to go without me in the mornings, if I didn't get up on time!:)