Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm a girl....

I got up this morning at 5:30 to begin my routine and low and behold, it is that time of the month.....grr....My sister Jill once told me that it is no excuse to take the day off from running so, I did my strength workout and then went for a run. At about 1.5 miles I was seriously considering turning around and just calling 3 miles good for today. I'm a little strange and for me, being called a wimp or something to that a effect actually motivates me. So, when I thought I wanted to turn around, I thought of Jill telling me that being a girl is no excuse for slacking off and finished my 5 miles. I'm exhausted now but it was a good run.

Break: Protein Drink at work
Lunch: 2 slices pizza and 2 breadsticks (It was free...I know, that's no excuse!)
Snack: slice of Watermelon
Dinner: Mexican food: 3 corn tortillas, sour cream and chicken concoction, I don't remember what it was called but it was delicious!! and of course, rice and beans

Thankfully, I don't have any medical conditions, that I know about anyway......I obviously always start off running too much too soon, since that is the definition for shin splints. I have a hard time sticking with a workout routine. So, I am grateful to Liz for starting this! I think that if I have to report I'll feel guilty if I don't get up and move!:)

4 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Great job! Just don't feel guilty about having pizza & breadsticks. You don't eat that way everyday so enjoy!

timpani76 said...

Free food has no calories! Why doesn't everyone know this by now?

Dana Cheryl said...

Thanks Timpani, I'll keep that in mind! :)

lizS said...

good job lisa! i'm glad that you feel motivated by belonging to SVELTE! that was the whole idea after all. and jeez, man, i totally don't think that you're a wimp because you lose a ton of blood and fluids for 5-7 days every month! i totally plan on taking AT LEAST the first one or two days of my cycle off. that should be in the next couple of days here...in the meantime, be sure you stay hydrated, and up that iron intake!