Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday-Walking 1 Hour

Ok, so I did not plan on walking with the kids in a stroller, but I found Vance's bus stop and it is 4 blocks away. The school itself is only 6 blocks away, and we would not have to cross a busy street like we would if we walked down to the bus stop. Plus, we could sleep another 20 minutes, which would be especially good for Quisqueya since she's not used to getting up that early.

Anyway, I made the executive decision to walk Vance to school, and then I forgot his peanut allergy medicines for emergencies (benadryl, epi-pen) so we had to walk back home, and I thought since it was only two blocks from the school we would also go by the library. It was easier than my normal workout because it was only two kids for the first 15 minutes (dropping Vance off at pre-school) and then it was just me and Q for the last 45 minutes. It was really nice only pushing one, and only having one to deal with while we walked.

I didn't feel tired at all, even though I got up an hour early, and did my exercise about 3 hours earlier than I'm used to. My back is better again today, though I can still feel it when I bend over or sit still too long. I will not have to worry about walking Vance to school for another 3 days, so hopefully my back will be totally normal by then. I'm also shipping the kids off to Grandma's house tonight mwahahaha! For more back rest, yeah! yeah! I need the rest!

1 comment:

lizS said...

i'm so glad your back is better! there's nothing like back pain to take you completely out of the action. annoying to say the least. don't over do it though, you'll just reinjure yourself. three days off sounds about right!