Friday, August 22, 2008

Hooray!

Business first:
I did way better today. No comparisons to the last few days. Taking a day off yesterday was definitely the best thing to do. (Dang! I totally hate it when the husband is right) I did 5 sets of 6 min each with 8 min rests in between at between 13-14 mph (much tighter mph than the other day) and I covered 6.2 miles. So I think that now I will make Thursday and Sunday my rest days. Probably on Thursday I will do something very low key, like Pilates, just to keep my momentum, and mix up my workouts a bit, but no more than one workout on my tape. They're ten minutes each. The workout felt super good today! I might say I'm even feeling...SVELTE!
Couple of items to review today:
If any of you have anyone that you think would be interested in joining us, please get me their email, and I will invite them. I am just convinced that the more people we get to join, the better this will work. I would also like to thank everyone for joining, and for doing such a super job so far! I don't know about you guys, but I am still loving this! All the encouragement and inspiration is priceless! I totally feel like I'm part of a wonderful group of people who are an endless source of kudos! I love logging onto the page and reading about everyone's workouts, and watching you grow and progress. And it hasn't even been two weeks yet! You guys should really read your backlogs if you haven't been doing so, because you can really see some major improvement in everybody. I also wake up wanting to work out for the first time in my life. And it's a great feeling!
Let's keep the ball rolling as we come to the conclusion of week two. I'm still working on improvements to the site. I'd really love to have individual progression graphs for example. I think I'll add an element to the page for all the great recipes so graciously supplied by Dana, so we can continue to share recipes and healthy eating tips. If you all have any other ideas on how to make this site even better, just let me know!
So, who else if feeling SVELTE?!
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

We rock! I agree. I'm so glad you decided to do this right when my pool is closing for 3 weeks. The pool closing thing might have totally de-railed my exercise for 3 weeks, but this blog has been keeping my motivated!

Yay!

lizS said...

oh i'm so glad! that's the whole point to this thing; to keep people motivated. way to go timpani!

Dana Cheryl said...

I love checking in with ya'll too! It's fun to see what everone is doing. I like the encouragement and positive energy!