Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday-Walking 1 hour

I walked really fast the first half hour, and then we stopped so Erik could get a bite to eat, and then I walked slower on the way back but we took more hills. I did some walking on Sunday with my siblings (including my younger sister who was visiting from Minneapolis), but I don't think I will count it since I was wearing flip-flops ;). I also did some pretty heavy duty housecleaning since Vance's teacher is coming to the house tomorrow. I was so busy this weekend with sister visiting that I did not have a chance to clean hardly anything.

I'm on the Liz bandwagon, but instead of gaining weight, I just have not lost any weight. I'm hoping it will only take a month of exercising like this to lose weight. On the plus side, I feel lots better; more energy, more patience with the kids, and my clothes fit better.

I will be posting pics soon so we can do some before and after type shots!

7 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Isn't it great when your clothes start fitting better.

The first big difference I noticed was my temple dress! It just so happened to be a week when I'd gained three pounds. Yet when I put my dress on there was a noticeable difference. I gauge all my success by that dress! It's the one article of clothing that I wear each and every week.

I'm glad that we can enjoy the fruit of our labors together. I love our little blogging community!

lizS said...

i also love it when my clothes actually start to fit. i have been in the habit, since having the first baby, of buying my clothes a size too small, to induce me to loose the baby fat. and danielle was in town this last weekend!? did she leave already? whyfore did no one call me? good job though, sounds like you had a super busy monday! keep it up timpani! you are gonna be one hot sista soon!

lizS said...

oh, and ugh, are we doing pics now? eek, i have not posted any of myself because i think i look awful. so no laughing!! (if i can actually garner the courage to post a picture...)

Renae said...

before and after pics. You are brave.

timpani76 said...

Liz, Danielle was only in town for 3 days, so it was a whirlwind visit! She spent most of her time re-connecting with her nephews & niece. She's coming for a week for Christmas so I'll make sure she call you then!

We'll see how brave I am, Renae, when it comes to the actual photo shoot (with my expert photographer, Erik). I 'm still waiting for the camera back from my mom at this point, though.

Dana Cheryl said...

OK I'm avoiding this pictures thing. After I lose 18 more pounds I'll think about it. I know, I know... I'm vain. Yet I'm practical. I'm not married yet and we don't want to scare anyone. :)

Dana Cheryl said...

Oh I almost forgot...

Timpani do you compost for your garden? I'm starting a compost pile & I was wondering if you had any pointers. I've contributed to a few in the past but I've never started one on my own.