Thursday, August 14, 2008

Liz's Day Four

Okay girls (and whatever guys are out there lurking), this is going to be a short and sweet post; I'm exhausted. I'll be peppy tomorrow.
We went to the pool, and I met all my goals from yesterday. I swam two consecutive laps, with no breaks in between. I did three more after that, and I kept my breaks to five minutes or less, which is a vast improvement over 5-10 (more like ten) minute breaks.
I also ran errands to Wal-Mart today, which I totally count as a separate workout, since with two kids I always come home wiped out.
Okay, that's it for today, and again sorry so short. Another problem I have is insomnia, and this week has been a doozy for me. Any tips on beating insomnia? There must be something out there I haven't tried. I have both kinds; trouble falling asleep, and trouble staying asleep, although the latter is due to nightmares, so there's not much you can do about those. Anyway, here's a big fat welcome to Trisha, who joined our ranks today! And good work to everyone else who posted today. Keep it up guys! We'll be SVELTE in no time!
The Almighty Liz

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

I read my scriptures right before I go to sleep (I keep them by my bed). Or I read the Ensign. This has kept away my nightmares for 15 years.

If I'm sure I might have insomnia, I take 1/2 a unisom tablet. The half dose lets me get to sleep without waking up groggy. I do this 1-2 times a week.

Dana Cheryl said...

Oh girl! I've struggles with insomnia for years and years.

I've been on every prescription you can think of... Ambien, Sonata, etc...

On my mission a doctor suggested that I take 2.0 Melatonin, 650 mg Calcium, and 200 mg Magnesium about an hour before bed. It took about a month but it really worked. Of course it helps that I wear myself out during the day but you seem to have that part covered! :)

lizS said...

well, i could definitly use the calcium, since i'm somewhat lactose intolerant, and i don't get much dairy. can you get the melatonin over the counter, or do you have to have a prescription? and i've done the scripture stuff before bed too, and it helps sometimes, but it also keeps me up. pondering....so i dunno. it's kind of a trade off. thanks for the tips guys!