Thursday, October 23, 2008

DC's Wednesday

I went to Curves and then had a personal abs session with Lynette. She totally kicks my butt! I love it!! It was also our weigh in for The Biggest Loser. We had a lot of girls lose four pounds and a couple who lost seven. Woo Hoo! I lost 1.75 inches and one pound.

It is really sad though to see how many women are crushed by the scales & the tape measure. Why do we do this to ourselves. Those numbers are relative. For instance... My chest measured a little bigger this week but that's only because I was wearing a normal bra instead of my uber constricting sports bra like last week. lol. Also the offical weigh-in took place after I'd just eaten trail mix & drank a quart of water. It showed me gaining weight. Yet I know that I lost some because I weighed myself when I first got to the gym before chowing down and I'd lost a pound. Yet some women just don't give themselves any allowance even if they know better. I'm so sad to say that there were almost as many sad tears as happy ones last night.

Breakfast: 2 pieces turkey bacon, Ezekiel Cinnamin Raisin Bread w/ peanut butter, walnuts, flax, strawberries

Lunch: 3 breadsticks and marinara sauce

Snack: trail mix

Dinner: Pork-n-Beans w/ Hebrew National Hotdogs sliced in them

Dessert: A few pieces of Hersheys Dark Chocolate/Pomegranite bar

3 comments:

lizS said...

such body issues in this country! i'm sad to say i'm one of 'em. i'd be bawling too, if the scale didn't read the way i hoped it would. i think we measure our success by the scale. maybe that's the wrong way to do it, but it's also the easiest way to see progress. and we as woman, i think anyway, put so much of our self worth on how we look, or how much we weigh, ect. it's awful, i know this intellectually, but in my heart of hearts, i live and die by my scale.

lizS said...

good job on your successes though! by they way. ;) you have been working so hard, and making such phenomonal progress! you're awesome!

timpani76 said...

Stupid blogger ate my comment!

I think I said something about the scale not being the enemy, but only a tool to help us see how we are doing.

I think I hit another plateau, so I may be shaking my fist at the scale soon ;)

Good job on losing that pound! It's amazing how losing a pound can give us motivation to keep going!