Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Updates!

Well, yesterday's workout was to clean my kitchen. No easy task, since it hasn't been done since the Great Halloween Party at my house over two weeks ago. Now, it has had some light, I'm-out-of-dishes type of cleaning, but it hadn't gotten the down to the bare bones cleaning it really needed in a long time. I didn't get there because I totally ran out of steam, but I made some good progress. I should be able to get as much done today as yesterday, and finish up tomorrow. Also, I had a pillow/tickle/wrestling match with my husband. (no, no sex after, I was too exhausted!) I haven't had the energy to play with John in forever, so that was way fun, as well as a super good workout. I highly recommend it. :)
On to business! I think everyone is doing AWESOME. Here's a holler to those who haven't been on in awhile. We are coming dangerously close to the holidays! Now's the time to really get those good health habits in place, so by the time Thanksgiving and such roll around, you won't even have to think about turning down that fourth helping of pie, or getting that workout in the day after. Obviously, it's the holidays, so I think some flexibility is warranted, I just don't want us to completely lose our heads, lol! I want us to be hot tamales by the time swim suit season rolls around! I want us to be SVELTE!
Also, I was getting curious as to how long we have been at this fitness blog thing, and we started on August 11th. That's just over 2 and a half months of consistent working out ladies!! And I checked my very first post to see how much progress I have made and here's where I started and where I am now;
Started; 3 five minute sets with 15 minute breaks in between at 8-10 mph covering just under 2.5 miles.
Current; 20-25 minutes with no breaks at 15-16 mph covering around 4.5 miles.
I suggest you guys back log and check your beginnings as well, because it was a major boost for me!! I mean wow! Look how far I've come!! If you do, post it so we all can see; I'm curious!!
Also, I've lost two more pounds. I'm now down to 136, only one pound over where I started. *huge sigh of relief* Cutting just a couple hundred more calories did the trick! Thanks for the advice Timpani!
We picked up my new bike last night too, so I will be taking that sucker out for a spin today. (metaphorically speaking of course, I can't actually take a stationary bike anywhere) It's a recumbent, which is new. We'll have to see how that works. It's also one of those new fangled magnetic ones, all digital too. It's got a calorie burn counter, and mph, and coc (I dunno what that one is), and miles covered, and a couple others I can't remember right now. I'm super excited about it though! I will of course let everyone know how it goes.
So again, if you're reading this and haven't taken that walk or gotten out on the track for a run or whatever you do for awhile, get out there today! You'll feel so much better, I know it for a fact. Let's get SVELTE!!
The Almighty Liz
PS Has anyone seen Dana? She's dropped off the radar for a week now, and her cell is busy. Hey Lisa! What's up??

2 comments:

Renae said...

Yay for progress! And that new bike sounds great! Aren't the magnetic ones supposed to be quieter? That's the big downfall of my trainer. I have to crank up the sound to ear splittingness in order to watch tv.

I've been wondering about Dana too. She's probably just busy actually having a life. LOL!

timpani76 said...

Oh man, I still need to ask about a free bike!