Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Walking"

I am the most feeble, out of shape person here, and I'm a little embarrassed about how difficult this was, but here's what I did today. I did some "walking" in front of the tv while I watched a documentary about alien technology that we use everyday (circuits, lasers, fiber optics, kevlar, etc...), using spaghetti sauce jars as weights while I walked. I also did a minute of jumping jacks, which was surprisingly tough, but like I said, I am seriously outta shape. Okay, and don't laugh, but I did 15 excruciating sit-ups afterward. I think I'll keep doing 15 every day for a week, then do 20, and after another week, 25 and so forth. I haven't worked much on trying to strengthen my ab muscles since having my c-sections, (At first because it hurt! Afterwards, because I wasn't motivated.) so any type of ab exercise really is very difficult. when I do sit-ups I can still feel the pulling in my muscles where they've been cut. Kind of creepy feeling. I wonder if that will ever go away?

6 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

Mary it's so good to see you here! I love your workout. It's so encouraging to see how we can workout using everyday things we already have. You're proof that we don't need some fancy gym membership to get in shape. Oh my mission we were encouraged to use milk jugs filled with water and so on! You rock.

Also to be the least bit embarrassed about starting at the bottom rung of the workout ladder. I decided tonight that I'd start working on my upper body. I could only manage 5 shaky girl push ups. But it's a start!

lizS said...

yeah mary, let's not forget where liz started: five measly minutes on my bike, and half a lap at the pool! i think it's awesome that you not only got a workout in, but that you have made some plans/goals. keep it up baby! i know you can do this!

timpani76 said...

Everyone starts somewhere!

I found a Denise Austin video that showed me how to do crunches, and every other stomach exercise the RIGHT way. The video I had also divided the workouts down into 10 minute segments.

I felt the pain across my c-section area the first few times I lower stomach exercises, but it gradually got better. I think it might me that you have to re-grow the muscles that got damaged by c-sections?

Lisie said...

Hey, good job Mary. I have not had a C-section but I know about the no motivation thing. Your plan for building on the sit-ups week to week sounds good.

Mary said...

Thanks. It's 2 days later and my stomach still really hurts when I sit up at all. I'm starting to wonder if a: I did it wrong, or b: I did too many. I didn't get the sit-ups in yesterday, and I'm thinking about not doing them today. Maybe tomorrow, I can do 10. (Yeesh)

Mary said...

And I didn't know you had c-sections T. Thanks for giving me the LD on how this is supposed to feel! :)