Thursday, October 9, 2008

PERSISTENCE--Poems & Quotes to Keep You Going

(I promised to post my favorite persistence poem, and I found a few other cool quotes as well)

Persistence
by Calvin Coolidge

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education alone will not; the word is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance."
~ Samuel Johnson

"A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't."
~ Jack Dempsey

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. "
~ Louis Pasteur

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
~ Winston Churchill

2 comments:

Ousizch said...

Let's get Svelte!, Your blog is very nice and you had good content!
Stayed to built a blog that was useful for visitor and always thought to publish content that was great. Heeee, just support you…………………

Hope u have a great day!

From: Ousizch
http://www.ecpassistant.blogspot.com

lizS said...

hmmm, interesting, a stranger. nice quotes and such timpani. good food for thought.