Monday, October 6, 2008

Hi everybody

Thanks, Liz S, for the invite to the blog. I am feeling completely intimidated by all of you ladies and your fitness efforts. I have spent the summer eating a lot and exercising almost never. It's not like I sat around and watched TV all summer; I I figured chasing 3 kids all day at the park and playing at the pool and all the trips to the zoo and the yardwork and the gardening and the housework would be enough that I wouldn't have to watch my weight. But lately my clothes started not fitting right; I got on the scales for the first time two days ago, and guess what! I am 8 pounds up from where I was back in May or June. Yuck!!



This morning I jogged for 20 minutes with Wii Fit. Not a very tough workout, but it is a start.
Elise

6 comments:

timpani76 said...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! THIS IS MY SISTER THIS IS MY SISTER THIS IS MY SISTER!!!!

My older sister, who I had almost given up hope that would join our blog. And don't let her fool you, she spent 6 years in the Air Force, and she's a runner, so she's tough stuff. AND, she's a gorgeous blond with two gorgeous blond boys.

Good job Elise, keep up the good work!!!

Renae said...

Yay for you Elise! Always glad for new blogger friends!

lizS said...

actually timpani, this is my friend elise A. that i met when we moved. i invited her last week. super confusing! anyway, i think so. hey elise, wanna clear this up for us?

lizS said...

oh, and good job elise! who cares where you start out? i started out way way way wimpier than that. five minutes on my exercise bike, and half a lap at the pool. twenty min. of running is stellar!

timpani76 said...

You are right Liz, I think she said THREE kids, and Elise, my sister only has TWO kids!

It sounded exactly like my sister spent her summer!

timpani76 said...

Sorry for the confusion, Elise (heretofore referred to in my mind as Elise-not my sister)

Keep up the good work!