Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday- Running OUTSIDE 30 minutes, March in Place 30 minutes

I actually ran for 10 minutes, walked for 10 minutes, and then ran for 10 more minutes. I covered 2 1/2 miles this way (in 30 minutes). I thought I did pretty good since this was my first time running OUTSIDE. When I got home I marched in place 30 minutes. It was kind of a fluke, because I got my wires crossed with my friend, and apparently I did not have to get up at 5:30AM, but I was awake, so I decided to try running since there would be less people to see me that early.

The sorest thing afterward was my chest because I forgot to put on the high impact sports bra I had bought for running. Gotta remember that for next time. Ouch! I also really need to get some decent running shoes. I have a pair of Asics Gels I use for walking, but they are getting pretty old anyway. I'm saving up My Coke Rewards points to get a $10 off at Foot Locker, so that should offset the cost of a decent pair of running shoes.

My First goals for running- Get up EARLY and go running at least once a week in the morning. Run 30 minutes straight without stopping. Run 3 miles in 30 minutes instead of 2 1/2 miles (I know that's slow, but please remember I am short with short legs).

8 comments:

Renae said...

Good for you Timpani! Joining the crazy world of runners eh? Yes, a good sports bra and running shoes are VERY important! I actually have a grevious wound caused from running with a bra that should have been retired. I won't go into details, but it makes breast-feeding very painful. I've taken to taping that particular nipple before running to prevent futher tearage. Okay, I guess I went into more detail than I should have. Sorry. Wear a good sports bra, or two if need be. Also, if you don't go ahead and spend a little $ on good shoes, you could end up paying it in chiropractic bills.

Dana Cheryl said...

Great job Timpani! You've already progressed to running... Wow.

Ouch Renae! Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! :)

Dana Cheryl said...

I forgot a question...

Timpani, do you do crunches everyday? I've started doing them and was wondering if I needed to skip a day.

Trisha said...

Timpani, I have some of those things from the McDonald's monopoly game for money off at Foot Locker. If you want them, just let me know. May have to get Dana to email me your address or something, but they're yours if you want them. We don't have a foot locker around here.

timpani76 said...

Oooh, Renae, I thought my 6 month continuous nursing infection story was hideous, but yours wins the worst nursing story EVER award!

Wow! No, Dana, I only do those 200 crunches once a week with my regular strength routine! I'm hoping to work up to twice a week this winter, but not everyday.

You can send me those things Trisha, that would be great! Thanks so much! Dana has my e-mail.

Dana Cheryl said...

Trisha I'll get Timpani's email to ya in a minute.

Thanks for the info Timpani! I'm just getting into this cruch thing. Wow! I can feel my abs. They're sore. I'd be unable to walk it I tried to do 200 of 'em. You go girl!

lizS said...

hey dana, rule of thumb is that if you're sore, skip a day. your muscles need time to heal, repair and strenthen. to build muscles you make tiny tears that then become stonger scar tissue, but if you just keep tearing over and over with no breaks, then they never get that needed repair time for strengthening. and OUCH renae! good golly heavens!!! i acutally said "ouch" out loud and put a protective hand on my own breat when i read that!! (my son was very concerned) and WAY TO GO timpani! you are just kicking butt girl! keep it up!

lizS said...

*sigh* i meant breast, not breat.