Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Early Morning Run

I decided it was time to bite the bullet, and start getting up crazy early. As it's too cold to put the little ones in the stroller, it's either that or don't run. So, I got up a 4 am this morning, fed the baby, changed into my running clothes (with my reflective vest) and met the medium group at 5 am. We ran 5 miles. My garmin said that our average speed was 5.9 mph, but I don't think that was right. It felt faster. I think I goofed it up by starting it when I was still sitting in my van waiting to go. I'm going to have to get used to getting up insanely early. argh. I do love running with the group, it's just hard to get up that early! I'll have to put my children to bed earlier, so I can get to sleep earlier, and no more staying up watching TV with Bruce -my favorite part of the day. I think I'll pick two days during the week to run with the early birds, plus I'll tack on Saturdays (we start at 6 then). Then I'll just do stairs or bike (on the trainer) a day or two during the week. That's my plan anyway.

2 comments:

lizS said...

sounds like a super good plan to me! (except for the 4 am wake up call--that bites) good luck, and of course keep us posted. you the man!!

timpani76 said...

4 AM??? You are my hero Renae!