Thursday, October 2, 2008

Getting Tired

I am starting to feel the tiredness from getting up at 5:30 a.m. This morning I didn't want to do it. But I am pretty sure I will get used to it. It might take a week or so. The good thing is that I fall asleep pretty fast at night when I go to bed.
The sad news is that I am done brestfeeding. Kelsie is almost 11 months and I don't think I can handle her chomping with her two little teeth anymore. So I hope the weight loss will keep coming. I heard it is easier (for most women) to lose weight while breastfeeding. We shall see how it goes. The worse part is the soreness and engorgement. (I hope I spelt that right)

5 comments:

Eyepoke said...

yeah, when my youngest started in with the chewing, we went from 6-8 feedings a day to 3, lol! and wild horses couldn't get me up 5:30 in the morning! i admire your willpower. maybe mix it up, some days you don't sleep in? or give yourself a day off, if you find you aren't adjusting. keep it up though!
liz

timpani76 said...

I hear Benadryl can help with engorgement. My milk dries up on its own at 6-7 months, so I never actually tried to intentionally dry it up.

Teeth! (shudder)

Eyepoke said...

i usually didn't go cold turkey, but slacked off gradually at one year. by nine months i was usually down to three feedings, so at 1 year, i would cut out one feeding a week until we were done! i never really had much trouble, but i'm not much of a milk cow either. again, my sister got ALL of those blessings...
liz

Becky Stucki said...

Luckily it isn't too bad right now. She started chomping at 8 months and since then I have been only feeding her once a day (at night before she went to bed). I was told to take Sudafed to help deplete my milk, so that is what I'm doing. So lets hope it works.

Eyepoke said...

oh man! you were down to once a day, and you're still having problems with engorgement? yikes! hopefully it doesn't last long!!
liz