Friday, October 24, 2008

monibuytrdsewqg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 minutes stair running. It's getting too cold for running with the babies in the stroller. I'm going to have to switch things up. Time for biting the bullet and getting up obscenely early to run with my peeps. Time to bring in the bike and put it on the trainer. Time for stair running till I want to claw my eyes out. (On a second thought, I think I'll put off kicking the stair running up a notch just a titch longer. Not quite ready yet, but getting there.)

4 comments:

lizS said...

yup, time for the cold weather change up. you're doin' good though!

timpani76 said...

So, do you pretty much run year round outside?

Renae said...

Oh fetch, yes! Winter is a great time to run outside. You don't get hot. Just put on a long-sleeved t-shirt, and potentially a sweatshirt or more on overtop, depending on how cold it is. Make sure you are wearing gloves and something over your ears, and you are good to go. You eventually learn what to wear in different temps. I've even gone running when it was single digets outside. It's not too bad as long as you dress for it and keep moving. (And that's coming from the girl who HATES cold besides to run in.) Of course, there is the bit about me where my personal cooling system doesn't seem to work as well as others. So, while running in the heat is particularly hard for me, I think that it helps me to be a bit more tolerant of running in the bitter cold than the normal person. Still, running is a year round sport to nearly all runners.

timpani76 said...

Oh Renae! You made my day! I noticed that my body warmed up pretty much instantly (even at 6AM and 40 degrees) so I was hoping you would say running is year round for pretty much every one. Even cold all the time skinny girls like you! ;)