Friday, October 3, 2008

Taking It Easy

Tomorrow is Challenge of the Bluffs race. So, I decided not to kill myself. I walked for 1 hour only averaged 3.3 miles. The race tomorrow is only 5 miles, but the first mile is straight up hill. I won my division last year. (Don't be too impressed. It's a small race.) I don't think that will happen this year! I haven't been able to run that course at all this year. 1) It's not the best place for a woman to run alone. 2) There ain't no way I'm pushing a running buggy up those hills. I just hope I survive tomorrow.

2 comments:

lizS said...

good luck renae! even if you don't win first like last year, i think it's a huge accomplishment just to do the race this soon after giving birth. rock on girlie!

timpani76 said...

I agree, doing a race so soon after having a child is a feat in itself! Good Luck!